Abstract Submission Extended Deadline: April 27, 2017 (24:00 PM (midnight) for all time zones)
Abstract Review by WCN Scientific Program Committee: May, 2017
Acceptance Notifications & Publication Online: June, 2017
GUIDELINES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Participants interested in presenting an oral or poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract. All abstracts will undergo peer review by the Scientific Program Committee and may be accepted for oral or poster presentation.
PRESENTATION TYPES AVAILABLE:ORAL – refers to abstracts accepted for oral presentation at the podium in dedicated Oral Presentation Sessions.
POSTER – poster board presentation in the Poster Area with poster viewing times during breaks.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS:
- Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review. Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- The Scientific Program Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors' preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- You will receive confirmation that your abstract has been received, indicating the abstract number which it has been allocated. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract. Please contact the Secretariat if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been received.
- All abstracts will be forwarded to the Scientific Program Committee for review. Notifications regarding status will be sent once the review process is complete.
- Abstracts may be edited by the Scientific Program Committee before publication online and in the Journal of the Neurological Sciences.
- The presenting author is expected to attend and register for the WCN 2017 Congress by the communicated registration deadline and present the poster or oral presentation. One person may only present up to two abstracts at the Congress, but may be a co-author of more.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission of his/her abstract.
Abstracts may be accepted for presentation at the Congress, but not for publication in the Journal.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION:
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Abstracts that have been published or presented prior to this Congress may not be submitted.
- Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
1. I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
2. Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. Congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
3. The abstract submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to XXIII World Congress of Neurology (Hereafter: "The Organizers"). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. The abstract submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the content.
4. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
5. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- Only work that has received proper patient and/or Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval, as necessary, will be accepted. A statement indicating that approval has been granted should be incorporated into the abstract. Applicants are required to confirm that approval has been granted within abstract submission as follows:
- I have obtained patient and/or Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval, as necessary.
- An Institutional Review Board (IRB) and/or Animal Use Committee have waived the requirement for their formal approval of the study.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information: